Medical Marijuana Effects On PTSD?
A Beginners Guide for Patients 2022 Edition
Why Some Patients Use Medical Marijuana for Anxiety and PTSD
Research shows that medical marijuana can help lower some of the common symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Some of the most common symptoms of PTSD include flashbacks or nightmares, trouble sleeping, being easily startled, depression and anxiety. People with PTSD may also avoid situations that trigger a traumatic memory. This can lead to further distress and impact their quality of life.
Medical marijuana works in the body by using two main parts called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). THC and CBD work with a system in the body called the endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system helps control how we feel, how much we eat, how we sleep, and how we feel pain
Potential risks and benefits of using medical marijuana for PTSD and Anxiety patients include:
1. Dependency/Addiction:Frequent use and in large amounts may cause dependency. It has been shown not to be as addictive as alcohol or opioids.
2. Cognitive impairment:Marijuana use, particularly strains with high levels of THC, may cause temporary cognitive impairments. These impairments include memory issues, difficulty concentrating, and impaired decision making.
3. Anxiety or Paranoia:Many patients with anxiety disorders have reported lower levels of anxiety. Patients suffering from PTSD have also reported feeling relief from their symptoms. Other patients have reported that they have experienced it worse or cause paranoia for some PTSD patients. This occurs more if the strain or product has a higher dose of THC.
4. Interactions with other medications:Medical marijuana may affect how other medications a PTSD patient is taking work. This may cause harmful effects or make other treatments less effective. It is important to work closely with a doctor when considering medical marijuana as a treatment option.
5. Legal issues:Laws can be different depending on county or state and are constantly changing. It’s important to know the laws for your area.
All patients' experiences with medical cannabis can be different. Doctors and your local dispensary can help you decide the best product for you.
Fl Medical Card Requirements
Learn everything you need to know about obtaining a medical marijuana card ....Read More
Quickly Get a Medical Card in Florida
Learn how to quickly get your Florida medical marijuana card with this step....Read More
What do I need
Explore the key differences between blunts and joints, from flavor and pote....Read More