Marijuana Effects On Parkinsons
A Beginners Guide for Patients 2022 Edition
Medical Marijuana and Its Effects on Parkinson’s disease
There is some evidence to suggest that medical marijuana can help relieve symptoms of Parkinson's disease (PD). Medical cannabis could also improve PD patient’s quality of life. PD is a condition that affects how people move and control their bodies.
Medical marijuana works in the body by using two main parts called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). They work with a system in the body called the endocannabinoid system.
Some potential benefits of cannabis for Parkinson's disease patients include:
1. Tremor reduction: Some studies suggest that medical marijuana may help lower tremors.
2. Improved sleep: Parkinson’s patients often have trouble sleeping and cannabis may help improve sleep quality.
3. Reduced muscle stiffness and rigidity: Medical cannabis may help relieve muscle stiffness and rigidity, which are common symptoms of PD.
4. Pain relief: Many people with Parkinson's disease have long-lasting pain. Medical marijuana might help make it feel better by lowering pain.
5. Mood improvement: PD patients are at a higher risk of depression and anxiety. Medical marijuana may help improve mood due to its interaction with the endocannabinoid system.
It's important to remember that there isn't a lot of research about how cannabis helps people with Parkinson's disease. We need to do more research to make sure it's safe and works well. The effects of medical cannabis can be different from person to person.
Always consult your doctor before using medical marijuana for Parkinson's disease or any other medical condition. They can help determine if it is a good choice for your specific situation and monitor possible side effects.
Fl Medical Card Requirements
Learn everything you need to know about obtaining a medical marijuana card ....Read More
Quickly Get a Medical Card in Florida
Learn how to quickly get your Florida medical marijuana card with this step....Read More
What do I need
Explore the key differences between blunts and joints, from flavor and pote....Read More